Time to Rediscover Your Lazy Side . . . Too Much Exercise Can Kill You
If you don’t exercise, it can kill you. But according to a new study, too MUCH exercise can ALSO kill you. And since that means you’re gonna die either way, might as well go with not exercising, right?
Researchers at the University of Illinois at Chicago just found that very active men are 86% MORE likely to have a buildup of plaque in their arteries by middle age.
The researchers say that this DOESN’T mean you should stop exercising . . . but, you know, keep it in moderation.
Are These the Best Bands from Every State?
Thrillist.com has a list of ‘The Best Band from Every State,’ and naturally, there’s bound to be a LOT of controversy over it . . . based on individual taste, as well as debates over which states can claim which bands.
And no one wants to be embarrassed . . . like New Yorkers wouldn’t want THEIR state to be represented by the SPIN DOCTORS. No one would. And thankfully, the Spin Doctors did NOT make this list, because they are objectively terrible.
As for the rules, the site says, quote, “The band must have been formed in or primarily based in the state . . . lots of groups MOVE to Los Angeles, Nashville, or New York City after scoring a record deal, but they’re not from those cities . . .
“Only groups, not individual artists, are considered. This admittedly skews the list away from hip-hop and country.”
And, quote, “These are not simply OUR favorite bands from every state . . . we considered . . . historical significance, influence, popularity, and ‘quality.'”
Here are 20 of the best ones:
1. Alaska: Portugal. The Man
2. Arizona: Meat Puppets
3. California: The Beach Boys
4. Delaware: George Thorogood and the Destroyers
5. Florida: Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers
6. Georgia: Outkast
7. Illinois: Earth, Wind & Fire
8. Indiana: Jackson 5
9. Iowa: The Everly Brothers
10. Kansas: Kansas
11. Kentucky: My Morning Jacket
12. Minnesota: Prince and the Revolution
13. Mississippi: Rae Sremmurd
14. Nevada: The Killers
15. New Jersey: Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band
16. New York: Television
17. Ohio: The Isley Brothers
18. Pennsylvania: The Roots
19. Texas: Destiny’s Child
20. Wisconsin: Garbage
The Top Ten Things That Distract Us at Work
It’s hard to really focus on work when literally EVERYTHING else is trying to pull your attention away. And . . . yeah, we totally let it.
A new survey found the top 10 things that DISTRACT us at work and destroy our productivity. Check ’em out . . .
1. Checking social media. 47% of people said they spend time on social media when they should be working.
2. Reading news websites, 45%.
3. Talking with your coworkers about stuff that’s not work-related, 38%.
4. Coffee breaks, 31%.
5. Smoking breaks, 28%.
6. Texts or instant messages, 27%.
7. Eating snacks, 25%.
8. Making food, 24%.
9. Phone calls that aren’t work-related, 24%.
10. Searching for NEW JOBS, 19%.
Subscribe to Mix 1051's Blog!
Get the latest updates on music and celebrity news, contests and flyaways, and more straight to your inbox with our weekly emails.