Five Weird Signs You’re Smarter Than Average
Someone put together a list of weird signs you’re smarter than the average person. We’ve seen some of them before, like people who are left-handed tend to have higher IQ’s. But a few were new to us.
Here are five we liked . . .
1. You’re a first child. A study in 2007 looked at 250,000 people, and found that the oldest child in a family had an IQ about 2 points higher than their siblings. It’s probably because first-born kids get more attention from their parents.
2. You’re a night owl. A study in 2013 found people who like to stay up late tend to have higher IQ’s. And they make more money than early risers, which is surprising.
3. You lack common sense. Sometimes smart people overthink things when they’d be better off going with their gut. Thinking things through is usually good. But if you make a bad decision, you can look like an idiot for not making the OBVIOUS choice.
4. You’ve done DRUGS before. Obviously doing them doesn’t MAKE you smarter. But people with high IQ’s are more likely to try them, and more likely to abuse them.
5. You have a sick, twisted sense of humor. A study earlier this year found people who like dark humor that involves things like illness and death score higher on IQ tests.
Should Adults Dress Up For Halloween?
Halloween is basically as big for ADULTS as it is for kids these days. But is that a bad thing?
The “New York Post” staff just published an editorial saying that adults need to STOP wearing costumes on Halloween.
Quote, “We’re not saying you can’t get into the spirit . . . dress up your house, concoct a Halloween-themed dessert, or buy a pumpkin. Then stop. Give it a break. Give the holiday back to the children. Grow up.”
I’m not sure if their message is going to land, though . . . about HALF of adults say they’re planning on dressing up this year.
Eight Gross Things We All Do, Ranked According to How Satisfying They Are
A new survey asked people to rank gross things we all do according to how SATISFYING they are. And men and women both agree the MOST satisfying one is when you wait to be alone . . . and finally get to PASS GAS.
Here are the top eight . . .
1. Waiting to be alone, then passing gas.
2. Picking an irritating booger.
3. Watching a blackhead pop. Women find it a little more satisfying than men do.
4. Picking off dead skin.
5. Peeing in the shower. Men like that one slightly more than women.
6. Popping a pimple too soon. Is that really “satisfying” though? Isn’t it just frustrating if they WON’T pop?
7. Smelling your own gas.
8. Smelling your own armpits.