The Best State to Live in Is Massachusetts, The Worst Is Louisiana
“U.S. News & World Report” looked at 68 different stats to figure out the best and worst states to live in. They factored in everything from jobs and infrastructure, to crime and education. And the best state is . . . Massachusetts.
They say it has the best education system . . . the second-best healthcare system . . . and the fifth-best economy. Here are the top ten states overall . . .
2. New Hampshire.
4. North Dakota.
10. Vermont. Louisiana ranked last, just behind Mississippi, Arkansas, Alabama, and New Mexico.
The Tooth Fairy Now Pays an All-Time High of $4.66 Per Tooth
The Tooth Fairy must be doing something important with all those teeth. From a business standpoint, I don’t see how she’s making a profit anymore . . .
According to an annual poll that just came out, the Tooth Fairy paid an average of $4.66 per tooth last year, which is an all-time high.
That’s up 19% from 2015, when it was $3.91 per tooth. And the price for a FIRST tooth hit $5.72.
If you do the math, that means she paid out just over $290 MILLION for teeth last year.
Kids in the western part of the U.S. got the biggest payouts last year at $5.96 per tooth. Kids in the Northeast got $5.08 . . . kids in the South got $4.57 . . . and kids in the Midwest averaged $4.04 per tooth.
48% of parents said they make their kids save their Tooth Fairy money . . . another 48% let them spend it . . . and 3% said it gets donated to charity.
Do You Eat Toast Like a Normal Person?
Toast is about as normal and basic as a food gets . . . but do you eat it like a normal, basic person? Or do you get nice and WEIRD with your toast?
Here are the results from a new Buzzfeed survey on the way the average person eats toast . . .
1. 84% like it moderately toasted. 9% like it very lightly toasted, and 7% like it blackened.
2. 71% say white bread is the best for
3. 83% of people use butter . . . 17% use margarine. And two-thirds of people use a modest amount of either one.
4. When people burn their toast, 41% throw it away . . . 38% try to scrape off the burnt parts . . . and 21% just eat it as-is.
5. And finally, 45% eat it whole . . . 36% cut it into triangles . . . and 16% cut it into two rectangles.