Hackers Are Threatening to Wipe All of Our iPhones Unless Apple Gives Them $100,000 of iTunes Gift Cards
Now that hackers have violated every female celebrity’s privacy by hacking their iPhones, they’re moving on to the rest of us. And this ain’t good.
Apparently, a group of hackers called the Turkish Crime Family managed to get a list of at least 300 million people’s iCloud passwords.
And they’ve told Apple they’re going to log into those accounts and remotely wipe the data on ALL of their iPhones on April 7th . . . unless Apple pays them a ransom. They want either $75,000 in Bitcoin or $100,000 in iTunes gift cards.
They say if Apple pays up, they’ll delete the list . . . but it’s a tricky spot for Apple. $100,000 is insignificant to a company that big . . . but once you start negotiating with hackers and blackmailers, it sets a dangerous precedent.
So what should YOU do? One, you should back up anything that’s important from your phone ASAP, especially photos. Two, change your iCloud password.
And three, hope that either the hackers are bluffing or Apple figures out how to protect you so this just winds up being a false alarm.
Facebook Is Now Going to Let Your Friends Ask For Donations . . . and They’ll Take a Cut
Every once in a while, you’ll see someone’s GoFundMe campaign pop up on Facebook. And maybe you toss them a few bucks, maybe you don’t . . . but either way, it’s not a choice you have to make that often.
Well . . . it looks like that’s about to change. Because now, people can set up campaigns to beg . . . err, ask . . . their friends for donations directly on Facebook. So if there’s a FLOOD of people asking for money, that’s why.
If you want to set one up, you can ask for donations in six different categories: Education . . . medical . . . pet medical . . . crisis relief . . . personal emergencies . . . and funeral and loss.
So why is Facebook adding this feature? Well, they SAY it’s to set up a safe way to get money in times of need . . . but they’re also taking a CUT.
They’ll get 6.9% of whatever you collect, which they say goes toward, quote, “payment processing fees, fundraiser vetting, security, and fraud protection.”
Five Signs Your Boss Sucks
It’s easy to complain about your boss, even if they don’t always deserve it. But a lot of bosses really DO suck. So here are five signs that your complaints are justified . . .
1. They send mixed signals. They act like your best friend one minute, and yell at you for something really minor the next. Another example is acting like deadlines aren’t a huge deal, but they get mad if you miss one.
2. They don’t give you any GOOD feedback. Meaning they only tell you when you did something wrong. If you never get any compliments from them, it kills your motivation.
3. They never meet with you one-on-one, except for your annual review. They should be having regular meetings with you, and not just to give you a lecture. They should ask questions, and actually WANT your input because they know it’s valuable.
4. They play favorites. One example is letting certain people get away with things, like showing up late. But if other people do it, they get in trouble.
5. They make it crystal clear that you work for THEM. A good boss makes you feel like you’re all working together. They don’t just bark orders, or feel the need to remind you that they’re the boss.
Subscribe to Mix 1051's Blog!
Get the latest updates on music and celebrity news, contests and flyaways, and more straight to your inbox with our weekly emails.