Oreo Just Announced Six New Flavors Coming Out This Year
The people at Oreo just announced SIX new limited-edition flavors. And that sounds like a lot, but at the pace they’ve been dropping new flavors over the past several years, I’m sure there are like 134 more that we don’t know about yet.
The six flavors are: Chocolate peanut butter pie . . . Good Humor Strawberry Shortcake . . . rocky road . . . pistachio . . . peppermint bark . . . and birthday cake with Mickey Mouse on the cookies, in honor of Mickey’s 90th birthday.
The flavors will roll out over the course of the rest of the year.
Four Ways to Save on Gas Over Memorial Day Weekend
More than 40 million Americans are expected to hit the road this weekend for Memorial Day. If you’re one of them, here are four tips on how to save on gas . . .
1. Use an app. Apps like Gasbuddy and Waze can help you find the cheapest gas prices at nearby gas stations.
2. Buy gas at a wholesale club. Clubs like Costco, Sam’s, and BJ’s often have gas stations attached to them and can save you 20 to 30 cents a gallon on average. Just be prepared to wait in line.
3. Maintain your car. Stuff like low tire pressure will reduce your fuel economy and can damage your tires.
4. Use air conditioning. It sounds counterintuitive but air conditioners actually create LESS drag on the engine than driving with the windows down.
A new survey by the University of South Florida reveals that the type of music played at restaurants can influence customers’ appetites. Other findings:
– loud and fast music increases the likelihood that a customer will order unhealthy foods like cheeseburgers and fries
– softer music can influence customers to order healthier dishes like salads
– major restaurant chains like McDonald’s and TGI Fridays have installed special sound systems that can influence customers to spend up to 10% more
Subscribe to Mix 1051's Blog!
Get the latest updates on music and celebrity news, contests and flyaways, and more straight to your inbox with our weekly emails.