Important News: The Terms “Selfie” and “On Fleek” Are Officially Not Cool Anymore
I’m happy to announce there are two awful slang terms that are now OVER. But I’m sad to announce that they aren’t turnt, stan, bae, ship, bye Felicia, or yaaaaas. We’ll outlast those eventually too. Just not today.
The Alan Turing Institute in London analyzed the data trends from Urban Dictionary, and they found strong evidence that two slang terms are not cool anymore and are on the way out: “On fleek” . . . and “selfie.”
They also found that the average person has only heard of about one out of every three terms on Urban Dictionary . . . and only about 5% of the stuff on there is also in the actual dictionary.
Five Weird Things That Can Make You Gassy
The “New York Post” ran an article on weird things that can make you GASSY. And they framed it as ways to stop your BOYFRIEND from passing so much gas . . . because obviously women NEVER have issues with that.
Here are five weird things that might be making you . . . or your boyfriend . . . gassy.
1. Chewing gum. You swallow a lot of air doing it. So it makes you pass more gas. But it doesn’t affect quality, just quantity. So it doesn’t make them smell any worse. Smoking and eating too fast can also do the same thing.
2. Wearing really tight jeans. It can prevent stuff from moving through your digestive tract the way it should. And that build-up can make you gassier.
3. Eating a lot of carbs. They contain fructose, lactose, insoluble fiber, and starch. And all of that ends up fermenting in your intestines, which causes gas to build up.
4. Not drinking enough water. Your body has a harder time digesting stuff when you’re dehydrated. So drinking more water can make you less gassy.
5. Not getting enough exercise. People who stay active tend to have healthier digestive systems. Even just going for a walk after a meal can help.
35,000 People Have Watched All 331 Episodes of “ER” . . . This Year
Hulu held an annual press event yesterday, and they revealed that they now have 20 million subscribers, up from the 17 million they had just four months ago.
One reason for the big boost might be the fact that they have all 331 episodes of “ER”. Hulu says that since “ER” debuted on their site in January, more than 35,000 people binged the WHOLE series . . . all 331 episodes . . . in its first two months.
Overall, Hulu’s most popular show is “South Park”.
heir subscribers watched 135 MILLION hours of it in 2017. The median age of its viewers is 31.
Subscribe to Mix 1051's Blog!
Get the latest updates on music and celebrity news, contests and flyaways, and more straight to your inbox with our weekly emails.