What’s the Hardest Snack to Stop Eating Once You’ve Started?
The old slogan for Pringles potato chips was, “Once you pop, you can’t stop.” And apparently it wasn’t just marketing nonsense. It’s scientifically accurate . . .
More than 2,700 people recently took a survey to find out the hardest foods to stop eating once you’ve started. And salty stuff like potato chips took the top spot. Here are the top five . . .
1. Chips, pretzels, and other salty snacks. 35% of people said they have a hard time stopping once they’ve started. (Here’s an old Pringles ad from the ’90s.)
2. Candy, not including chocolate, 18%. So stuff like Skittles and Starburst.
3. Chocolate, 12%. That includes candy bars, like Snickers and Butterfingers.
4. Crackers and other bread-based snacks, 11%. So things like Cheez-Its.
5. Cheese, 10%. String cheese might be one of the main culprits there. (Here’s a scene from “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia” after Charlie eats too much cheese
The Elements of the “Perfect Job” Include Five-Hour Days, an $80,000-a-Year Salary, and a Boss Who Likes Drinking
A new study asked people to describe the PERFECT job situation. And the answers show we’re not THAT greedy. We just want a flexible, part time job that pays almost six figures. That’s not too much to ask, right?
Here are the elements of the perfect job . . .
1. 24 hours a week, or about five hours a day.
2. Pays $80,000-a-year.
3. Free food in the office.
4. A dress code that lets you wear jeans.
5. It’s only 12 minutes away from where you live . . . but you also have the option to work from home.
6. Six weeks of paid vacation and holidays a year.
7. Flexible work hours.
8. And a cool boss who sometimes wants to go out for a drink.
What’s Your Best Insult That Doesn’t Use Profanity?
There are very few things in life that are as satisfying as nailing someone with a perfect insult.
There’s a discussion on Reddit right now where people are sharing their BEST insult . . . and just to make things more artistic and less crude, they’re only sharing ones that don’t include profanity.
Here are some of our favorites . . .
1. “I don’t know why you’re playing hard-to-get when you’re so hard to want.”
2. “You’re the human equivalent of a participation award.”
3. “Your grades say ‘marry rich’, but your face says ‘study harder.'”
4. “You’re impossible to underestimate.”
5. “I would’ve been your dad, but your mom didn’t have change for a $5.”
6. “Whoever told you to be yourself couldn’t have given you worse advice.”
7. “That’s why everybody talks about you behind your back.”
8. “You aren’t being the person Mr. Rogers wanted you to be.”
Subscribe to Mix 1051's Blog!
Get the latest updates on music and celebrity news, contests and flyaways, and more straight to your inbox with our weekly emails.