Online sportsbooks are always offering random Super Bowl “prop bets” on all the nonsense that surrounds the game. Several sites already have their lines up, and here are 10 highlights, plus one for the Puppy Bowl!
1. What color will the liquid be that is poured on the game-winning coach?
“Red” is the odds-on favorite at 1.6-to-1, which is roughly 39%. “Orange” is a very close second at 38%, followed by “Lime, Yellow, or Green” at 23%, “Clear / Water” at 13%, Blue at 11%, and Purple at 7%.
2. Which coach’s NOSTRILS will be seen first during the game? Clearly, this is mask-related . . . and definitely not something that anyone would’ve considered in previous years.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers coach Bruce Arians is the better bet at 1-to-2, which is roughly 67%. Chiefs coach Andy Reid is at 3-to-2, or 40%.
3. How many times will Bill Belichick and the New England Patriots be mentioned? The over/under on Belichick is 1, and the over/under on the Patriots is 2. Both of those SEEM really low, considering this is Tom Brady’s first year away.
4. Which will be higher, Brady’s passing yards in Super Bowl 55 or GameStop’s closing price on Friday? Brady’s passing yards leads with a probability of 77.8%. GameStop has only a 30.8% chance of being higher.
Barring any more craziness, that makes sense. The price of GameStop closed yesterday at $90 even, an 81% drop from its peak at $483, and a 58% drop from its price of $218 on Friday evening . . . so there’s a decent chance it sinks further.
5. Will Brady attempt to HIGH-FIVE an official, which the Internet has caught him doing from time-to-time? “No” is 1-to-15, or nearly 94%. “Yes” is 6-to-1 or 14.3%.
6. The Super Bowl Halftime Show is usually 12 to 13 minutes and features a MEDLEY of songs. How many songs will The Weeknd and any guests perform this year?
The line is at “8”. There’s a 67% chance it’s over . . . a 40% chance its under.
7. Speaking of guests, will these people be onstage with The Weeknd? Surprise guests are common . . . but no one has been confirmed yet. Here are the odds on some people who The Weeknd has worked with in the past . . .
Ariana Grande. . . Yes: 29%, No: 80%
Doja Cat. . . Yes: 24%, No: 85%
Drake. . . Yes: 22%, No: 86%
Kenny G. . . Yes: 27%, No: 82%
8. Will the Weeknd have a wardrobe change in the middle of the halftime show? Yes: 80%, No: 29%. What about a “wardrobe malfunction” . . . and not just with The Weeknd, ANYONE on-stage counts: Yes: 10%, No: 97.2%.
9. Looks like the oddsmakers are NOT expecting a blow-out. Will the game be TIED at any point (after the initial score of 0-0, that is)? Yes: 62.3%, No: 44%.
10. Will either kicker hit the upright or crossbar on a missed field goal or extra point attempt? Yes: 24%, No: 84%.
Bonus: Who will win the Puppy Bowl? Team “Fluff” is even, which has a 50% probability. Team “Ruff” has a slight edge at 58.3%.
And will the MVP be a male or female? We’re still talking about the Puppy Bowl, obviously. Male: 57%. Female: 52%.