Someone put together a list famous TV characters who were ALMOST played by different actors. Some of them you might have heard about before . . . and others may be new to you. Here are 10 highlights:
1. Elizabeth Olsen auditioned to play Daenerys Targaryen on “Game of Thrones”, but Emilia Clarke ended up getting cast.
2. Whitney Houston was cast as Sondra, the oldest daughter on “The Cosby Show”, but she didn’t end up signing the contract because she wanted to pursue a singing career. The role went to Sabrina Le Beauf.
3. Octavia Spencer auditioned to play Donna on “Parks and Recreation”, but the role ended up going to Retta.
4. Sandra Oh was called in to audition for Dr. Miranda Bailey on “Grey’s Anatomy”, but she liked the part of Cristina more. Chandra Wilson ended up playing Miranda.
5. Olivia Pope on “Scandal” could’ve been played by Connie Britton or Taraji P. Henson . . . but Kerry Washington got the role.
6. A 16-year-old Jennifer Lawrence really wanted to play Serena Van Der Woodsen on “Gossip Girl”. And Rumer Willis was also considered. But the part ended up going to Blake Lively.
7. Chris Rock was once in talks to play George Costanza on “Seinfeld”. Obviously, the role went to Jason Alexander.
8. Wesley Snipes was originally approached to play Lucious Lyon on “Empire”, but Taraji P. Henson said she’d only do it if Terrence Howard was cast instead.
9. Matt LeBlanc was offered the role of Phil Dunphy on “Modern Family”, but he felt like he wasn’t the best fit. The role went to Ty Burell instead.
10. Macaulay Culkin was pursued several times to play a role on “The Big Bang Theory”, but he couldn’t see himself starring on a sitcom.
Subscribe to Mix 1051's Blog!
Get the latest updates on music and celebrity news, contests and flyaways, and more straight to your inbox with our weekly emails.