According to experts, these are five of the unhealthiest habits in America right now.
- Consuming too much sugar, especially sweetened drinks like juice and soda. The American Heart Association recommends no more than 6-8 teaspoons a day, Americans consume about 15
- Smoking. 2021 marked the first time in 20 years that cigarette sales increased. “Overall, cigarette smoking is still the No. 1 preventable cause of death in America.”
- Not getting enough sleep. According to the National Sleep Foundation, you should be getting seven to nine hours every night.
- Sitting for too long. Adults should be receiving at least 150-minutes of activity per week.
- Finally, Stress. Having too much stress weakens your immune system which can lead to a number of issues including disease, high blood pressure, and obesity