I know for sure that I have said these phrases wrong!
1. “For all intensive purposes.
” The correct way to say it is, “For all intents AND purposes.” “Intents” as in intentions.
2. “I could care less” should be “I COULDN’T care less.”
If you could care less, that means you DO care about something. If you couldn’t, then you don’t care at all.
3. “One in the same” should be “one AND the same.”
It’s a minor difference, and you might be able to get away with it. But technically, “one IN the same” is wrong.
4. “Tongue and cheek” should be “tongue IN cheek.”
It’s literally describing a facial expression people make when they’re joking. Like if you were trying not to laugh and pushed the side of your cheek out with your tongue.
5. “Jive with” should be “JIBE with.”
“Jibe” means to be in agreement with something. “Jive” is a type of dance or a way of speaking.
Subscribe to Mix 1051's Blog!
Get the latest updates on music and celebrity news, contests and flyaways, and more straight to your inbox with our weekly emails.