No, you’re not alone in changing the station when that overplayed song comes on. Here’s a list of hit songs that even the artists have grown to regret.
You might even agree . . .
1. “You’re Beautiful” by James Blunt. He said it became annoying and wrongly painted him as, quote, “an insanely serious person”.
2. “Misery Business” by Paramore. Hayley Williams took it off her concert setlist back in 2018 for its “anti-feminist” lyrics.
3. “I Kissed A Girl” by Katy Perry. She said it contains some stereotypes and should have been worded differently.
4. “Smells Like Teen Spirit” by Nirvana. Kurt Cobain grew to resent it after it got so popular, mainly because, quote, “people have seen it a million times on MTV.”
5. “Wonderwall” by Oasis. Liam Gallagher said, quote, “Every time I have to sing it I want to gag.”