RottenTomatoes.com has a list of ‘The Top 100 Movies of 2016,’ and they’re ranked by their rating on the site. That’s using the reviews by CRITICS, not the ‘audience score’ from the site’s everyday users.
To be eligible, a movie had to be reviewed by at least 40 critics, so it doesn’t have upcoming movies like “Rogue One”. And since each one has a different number of reviews, the scores are weighted a little to make it fair.
Here’s the Top 10:
2. The western thriller “Hell or High Water”, which stars Chris Pine and Jeff Bridges.
3. The indie drama “Moonlight”
4. “The Jungle Book”
5. The Jane Austen adaptation “Love & Friendship”
6. “Finding Dory”
7. The sci-fi movie “Arrival”
9. The indie kids movie “Hunt for the Wilderpeople”
10. The animated movie “Kubo and the Two Strings”
The problem is, I haven’t seen most of these films! Plus with a four year old and a two year old, I have really only seen kid movies in the theatres. So, I decided to make my own list! I graded on a scale of
a) did my kids sit still during the movie?
b) how many bathroom breaks were involved?
c) did I laugh?
d) how many times did I check my phone?
Here’s my list of the Top 5 Kid Films….
5) FINDING DORY
4) SECRET LIFE OF PETS
3) ANGRY BIRDS
With special mention to the worst kids film of 2016…
ICE AGE: COLLISION COURSE