When Your Date Eats Spicy Food on a Date, It Makes You Seem More Attractive
Conventional wisdom says you probably shouldn’t have spicy food on a date . . . because breaking out into a sweat, chugging water, and maybe crying a little hardly seems like a SEXY and SEDUCTIVE scenario.
Well . . . turns out it is. Who knew?
According to a new study out of St. Cloud State University in Minnesota, when a woman orders spicy food on a date, it makes her see the guy she’s with as about 28% more attractive.
Ordering something sweet has the OPPOSITE effect, and makes the guy less attractive.
Why? The researchers think it’s because the words we use to describe spicy foods are SEXIER words . . . like “hot” and “intense.” And then we start associating those words with the person we’re with.
The researchers didn’t test the effect of spicy foods on how men felt on dates, but if their theory is right, you’d think they’d lead to the same positive feelings.
Priests Are Now Able to Perform Exorcisms Over the Phone
Wow, telecommuting really IS getting more and more popular.
Apparently, the newest people working remotely are . . . PRIESTS performing EXORCISMS.
According to the Catholic Church, there’s been a big rise in demonic possessions lately . . . so priests are handling the situation remotely, because they simply can’t get to all of the exorcisms in person.
And yeah, apparently if you say the correct prayers and perform all the rituals over the phone, it’s just as effective as being there to cast out demons. Plus you don’t have to worry about the dry cleaning bill for green vomit on your robe. Win-win.
The Worst Breakfast Foods if You’re Trying to Lose Weight
Oatmeal is great for breakfast unless you’re talking about INSTANT oatmeal, which tends to have a lot of added sugar and salt. And it’s more processed, so you don’t get as much fiber. According to the website Eat This Not That, it’s actually one of the WORST breakfasts if you’re trying to lose weight.
Here are six more . . .
1. Sugary cereal. Even the ones that look healthy can have a lot of sugar. Like a bowl of Cracklin’ Oat Bran has 15 grams of sugar, compared to 11 grams in Frosted Flakes.
2. Waffles with syrup. It’s basically sugar on sugar with almost no fiber. The fat in the butter actually slows down the absorption of sugar in your body. But obviously butter isn’t a health food either.
3. A glass of orange juice. It’s basically straight sugar. And most brands are processed at a really high temperature, which kills a lot of the nutrients.
4. A bagel with cream cheese. The cream cheese is loaded with saturated fat, and one regular bagel is like eating four pieces of bread. So a better choice is HALF of a whole-wheat bagel, with avocado instead of cream cheese.
5. Pop-Tarts. They’re basically just sugar. So they might give you a jolt of energy. But then you’ll crash and be hungry again.
6. Flavored yogurt. Plain yogurt with some fruit in it is a good choice. But just like instant oatmeal, other kinds of yogurt tend to have a lot of added sugar.
Subscribe to Mix 1051's Blog!
Get the latest updates on music and celebrity news, contests and flyaways, and more straight to your inbox with our weekly emails.