Here’s an early Father’s Day ego boost. Apparently that doughy physique you’ve been sporting is actually sexier than you think . . .
According to a new survey, 69% of women think a “dad bod” is sexy . . . and 63% prefer a dad bod over a guy who’s in crazy good shape.
The study defined “dad bod” as, quote, “relatively fit, but neither lean nor muscular.” So not TOO chubby, but also not ripped or even toned at all.
Here are four more stats from the survey . . .
1. 78% of women think a dad bod is a sign that a guy’s comfortable in his own skin.
2. 47% of women agreed the “dad bod” is the new six-pack. So a little extra padding is in style right now.
3. 80% of women said they’d be proud to be married to a guy with a dad bod.
4. 92% of married men with a dad bod said they’re HAPPY with their marriage. 86% are happy with their life in general. And 61% said they’re proud of their body.
The Best ’80s Action Movies . . . And There’s No Love for “Willow”!
There’s a list of the ‘Best ’80s Action Movies,’ which is perfect because the ’80s basically revolved around AWESOME action movies. Well, that and crack cocaine.
Here’s the Top 10:
1. “Die Hard”, 1988
2. “Raiders of the Lost Ark”, 1981
3. “The Terminator”, 1984
4. “Lethal Weapon”, 1987
5. “Predator”, 1987
6. “First Blood”, 1982
7. “Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom”, 1984
8. “Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade”, 1989
9. “Aliens”, 1986
10. “Star Wars – Episode Six: Return of the Jedi”, 1983
A Chart Ranking the Best Types of French Fries Is Creating Major Controversy on the Internet
Back in March of last year, a website called Food Republic put together a chart where they subjectively ranked a bunch of types of French fries from best to worst.
Apparently no one noticed the chart until this weekend, when someone tweeted about it . . . and now it’s tearing the Internet apart.
Their top 10 types of fries are: Waffle . . . Belgian . . . Tater Tots . . . regular cut . . . garlic . . . curly . . . shoestring . . . crinkle cut . . . cheese . . . and steak.
And some of the types that finished outside of the top 10 are sweet potato . . . wedges . . . chili cheese fries . . . and cottage fries.
As far as we can tell, not a SINGLE person has responded, “Hey, great rankings, you guys nailed it.”
People have issues with EVERYTHING like the disrespect of putting curly fries sixth . . . counting tater tots as fries . . . not including poutine . . . and giving shoestring fries any spot on the list other than dead last.
Subscribe to Mix 1051's Blog!
Get the latest updates on music and celebrity news, contests and flyaways, and more straight to your inbox with our weekly emails.