Four of the Best Breakfast Foods if You’re Trying to Lose Weight
Yesterday we had a list of the worst breakfast foods if you’re trying to lose weight. Now here are four of the BEST ones . . .
1. Eggs. They have more than 20 key nutrients. And two eggs have about 12 grams of protein. That’s important because it helps control your insulin levels. When your insulin spikes, your body starts storing calories as fat.
2. Greek yogurt. It’s high-protein, low-calories. Just make sure it doesn’t have any added sugar, then mix in some fruit and nuts. Flavored yogurt doesn’t have as much protein. And it might taste better, but only because there’s a ton of sugar in there.
3. Protein smoothies. They’re great as long as you use the right ingredients. Some people overdo it and end up turning their “healthy” breakfast into a calorie bomb. (Here are 20 healthy recipes you can try.)
4. Baked beans. (???) People in England have them for breakfast more than we do. But they’re good because they give you an almost-perfect mix of carbs and protein. Plus they’re quick and easy. You can have them with toast, or even just on their own.
You Start Becoming an Old Person at 41? Plus the Top 10 Signs It’s Happening
Oh man, you start becoming an old person when you’re WAY too young. It’s almost disrespectful to ACTUAL old people that you’re stepping on their gimmick.
According to a new survey, the average age when you start becoming an old person is . . . 41. And you fully make the transition by age 57. Here are the top 10 signs you’re becoming old, which are supposed to start hitting you at 41 . . .
1. Forgetting people’s names.
2. Losing hair.
3. Feeling stiff.
4. Talking a lot about your joints and aches.
5. Groaning when you bend down.
6. Not knowing popular music.
7. Misplacing your keys and glasses.
8. Getting hairier eyebrows, more nose hairs, and more ear hairs.
9. Not lifting heavy things because you’re worried about your back.
10. Saying, “Back in my day.”
Subscribe to Mix 1051's Blog!
Get the latest updates on music and celebrity news, contests and flyaways, and more straight to your inbox with our weekly emails.