Six Ways You’re Cleaning Your House That Actually Make It Dirtier
Here are six ways you might be cleaning your house that are actually making it DIRTIER . . .
1. Using the same rag around the whole house. It just transfers dirt from the first surface and spreads it to the next one. Instead, you should use disposable wipes or have a rag for each room that gets washed after using it.
2. Spraying cleaner directly on a surface. Spraying cleaner directly onto countertops, mirrors, or glass can cause a buildup of the cleaning solution, and THAT can make dirt harder to remove and cause streaking.
Instead, spray your rag or paper towel, THEN wipe.
3. Using a feather duster. Feather dusters are notorious for spreading dust around rather than removing it. A microfiber cleaning cloth is a better option.
4. Not cleaning your vacuum. If your vacuum filter hasn’t been changed or cleaned in a while, the vacuum can’t pick up as much dirt and dust as it should. And the dirty vent could even blow back dust into the air and carpet.
5. Putting the toilet brush back into its holder immediately. Moisture and germs from the toilet can get trapped in the container and the brush, and those germs get rubbed back into your toilet the next time you use it.
So let the toilet brush dry completely before you put it back in its holder.
6. Cleaning from the ground up. If you sweep, mop, or vacuum before cleaning everything else, dust and crumbs will just fall and get the floor dirty again. So always clean a room from the top down and hit the floors last.
Men Spend a Full Year of Their Lives in the Bathroom . . . Including 112 Days on the Toilet
You’re literally wasting your life sitting on the toilet.
According to a new survey, the average man spends a YEAR of his life in the bathroom.
The biggest chunks of that are 52 total days shaving . . . 97 days showering . . . and 112 days sitting on the toilet.
The survey also found 9% of men like POSING in front of the mirror when they’re alone in the bathroom.
Unfortunately, the survey only included men, so we don’t know if women spend more or less time in the bathroom during their lives. But, you know, it’s definitely more. Can I still say that in 2017? Whatever. It’s more. Definitely more.
A Guy Steals a Motorized Grocery Cart . . . But Only Makes It Across the Parking Lot in 10 Minutes
The big problem with trying to steal one of the SLOWEST vehicles in the world is that it makes for a pathetic getaway.
A 32-year-old guy named Rondell Chinuhuk from Anchorage, Alaska went to a Safeway grocery store in the middle of the night on Tuesday and STOLE one of their motorized shopping carts.
The employees saw what he was doing and they called the cops. And it took them 10 minutes to get there.
But since the grocery cart tops out at two miles-per-hour, in that 10 minutes, Rondell had only made it through the parking lot and into an intersection . . . where he got stuck in some snow.
He told the cops he was just, quote, “riding the cart to have fun” . . . but he was arrested and charged with felony theft.
Subscribe to Mix 1051's Blog!
Get the latest updates on music and celebrity news, contests and flyaways, and more straight to your inbox with our weekly emails.