Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, which means there’s a higher than usual chance you’ll get engaged soon.
But before you walk down the aisle, it’s a good idea to have an in-depth chat about each others’ ticks (it’s not an interrogation per se… But, yeah, it kind of is).
On the morning show and on my podcast, we’ve discussed many times that love isn’t enough to make a marriage work. It’s all about expressing your expectations and trying your hardest to meet your partner’s. Marital/relationship problems typically arise because people have high expectations of their partner, but they don’t make their partner aware of them. They feel like their partner should innately know what to do.
Get your marriage off on the right foot by sitting down with your partner to ask these 10 important questions
1) How much alone time do you need?
2) If we suddenly won $5,000, how would you want to spend it?
3) Are you more afraid of being abandoned or being smothered?
4) How do you envision supporting your parents as they age?
5) In the middle of an argument, do you prefer to keep talking until you come to until you come to a solution? Or walk away, think, and revisit the conversation later?
6) Are you monogamous?
7) What do you consider to be “Cheating”?
8) What role will your family play in our life together?
9) What will you do if I get in a fight with someone in your family?
10) Would you rather finish all of the housework first, then relax? Or have fun first and put the housework off until later?
(Sidenote: Jon isn’t sure where he found these questions. If you know where they came from, let us know so that we can give credit).
Subscribe to Mix 1051's Blog!
Get the latest updates on music and celebrity news, contests and flyaways, and more straight to your inbox with our weekly emails.