Here are 10 examples of actors auditioning for one part, but ending up playing an entirely different character:
1. Chadwick Boseman auditioned for Drax in “Guardians of the Galaxy”, but ended up as the lead in “Black Panther”.
2. Tom Hiddleston auditioned for Thor, but got cast as his brother Loki.
3. Liam Hemsworth was up for the part of Peeta in “The Hunger Games”, but ended up playing Gale.
4. Tom Felton auditioned for both Harry and Ron in the “Harry Potter” movies, but they gave him Draco Malfoy instead.
5. Kristen Bell and Idina Menzel both auditioned to play Rapunzel in “Tangled”. . . before being cast as Anna and Elsa in “Frozen”.
6. Lindsay Lohan and Rachel McAdams auditioned for each other’s parts in “Mean Girls”.
7. The director of “Napoleon Dynamite” originally wanted JON HEDER to play Randy . . . the BULLY. (???)
8. Gabrielle Union auditioned for the part of Monica in “Love & Basketball”, but ended up playing Shawnee.
9. Jackson Rathbone almost landed the part of Edward in the “Twilight” movies . . . but ended up playing Jasper instead.
10. Noah Centineo was almost cast as Josh in “To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before”, but ended up playing Peter.
Subscribe to Mix 1051's Blog!
Get the latest updates on music and celebrity news, contests and flyaways, and more straight to your inbox with our weekly emails.