Have you noticed that there is so much anger EVERYWHERE?
That’s why we’ve kicked off 105 Days of Love. It’s us challenging each other to do something good each and every day. These do not have to be large acts that cost money, they can be small acts that put a smile on someone’s face. We’d love for you to get involved too!!
Whenever you do a good deed, post it on social media and hashtag it #105daysoflove. You can also tag us @Mix1051Utah. Together, we can make everyone have a better day!
Know someone who could use some love? Flowers? A sweet poem? Something bigger?
Tell us below:
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Find opportunities to give compliments. It costs nothing, takes no time, and could make someone’s entire day. Don’t just think it. Say it.
- One easy way to ensure you write a nice note or give at least on compliment a day . . . When you open your inbox for the first time of the day write a short email – 1 paragraph max – praising someone. This note can be as simple as, “Just wanted to say, ‘thanks for being such a great friend.’” Or, “Thinking of you.” Or point out something nice you noticed. 15 seconds can make someone’s entire day. And looking for something to compliment a person on each day will make you more aware of and appreciative of the kindness around you.
- Want me to pick something up for you?” If you know someone is overwhelmed – perhaps by a new baby, family health issues, or something else – give them a call when you’re going out to the store. Ask if they’d like you to pick something up
- Collect soda can tabs to donate to Ronald McDonald House for sick children and their families. The charity gets paid for thesePut a surprise note or sketch in with your spouse’s or kid’s lunch.
- When it’s summer and hot, give out cold Gatorades to your mail carrier and garbage men. When it’s freezing outside offer hot chocolate to crossing guards, police officers and others.
- Say “thank you” to someone who made a difference. . . .Send a card to people who dedicate their lives to helping us – soldiers, police officers, fire fighters and teachers to name a few.
- Think of the amazing people in your life. Take an hour to write those people a letter telling them why they’re awesome.
- When people are gossiping about someone, be the person to chime in with something nice
My wife and I on Valentine’s Day went to Papa Murphy’s and bought pizzas for families!! What can you do??
Subscribe to Mix 1051's Blog!
Get the latest updates on music and celebrity news, contests and flyaways, and more straight to your inbox with our weekly emails.