Are you this neighbor or do you live next to someone doing these things? A person posted some of the biggest annoyances you may be doing…
1. Mowing the lawn at odd hours. Meaning too early OR too late in the day. It’s annoying, and also not the best time to do it for other reasons. If you mow too early or late, the dew can make it hard on your mower and promote fungus.
Most experts say the best times are mid-morning, between 8:00 and 10:00 AM . . . or late afternoon, between 4:00 and 6:00 PM. Mid-day is okay too. The heat just makes it harder on your grass, and on you.
2. Parties or backyard barbecues that go too late. It’s best to let your neighbors know if you’re throwing a party . . . have a specific end time in mind . . . and stick to it. Or at least take the party inside when that time hits.
3. Big bonfires and fire pits. Just make sure you pick a good spot, and consider the direction of the wind first. Your neighborhood might also have rules about fires. So look into that too.
4. Poorly positioned floodlights. Make sure that motion-activated light on your garage isn’t blasting straight into your neighbor’s bedroom.
5. Loud dogs. Obviously they’re gonna bark. Just be considerate about it. Like if they’re annoying you by barking INSIDE, don’t send them OUTSIDE to bark all day instead.