What Did Your Teachers Tell You That Turned Out to Be Totally False?
When you’re in school, you tend to take what your teachers say as absolute truth . . . then once you’re an adult, you realize, “Wait, my teachers were just screwed up adults like I am now, and I don’t know ANYTHING.”
There’s a discussion on Reddit right now where people are sharing the things they were told in school that turned out to be totally FALSE. Here are some of the best ones . . .
1. The bad things you do go on your “permanent record.” Sure, maybe as a kid, but it’s not like your school record comes up once you’re older.
2. The food pyramid. We were told to eat a ton of bread and corn and avoid fat, when now we know that’s all backwards.
3. You have to learn to write in cursive.
4. You have to learn how to do math because you won’t always have a calculator. Today, we ALL always have calculators on our phones.
5. Go to the best college you can, because the money you make will be worth the cost.
6. The Internet isn’t a valid source for research, you have to use books.
7. You have to learn to say no to drugs, because strangers will want to give you free drugs.
54% of People Don’t Like Answering Their Doorbell Anymore
If you’re not expecting a delivery or friends, there’s really no reason to answer your doorbell, right? As I see it, it’s just someone trying to sell you something, borrow something, or murder you.
And apparently I’m not alone in my desire to avoid random moments of human contact. Because according to a new survey, 54% of people say they don’t like answering when someone rings their doorbell.
They’re slightly more likely to answer if they have security cameras installed and they can see who’s there.
39% of Your Coworkers Have Gotten-It-On With Themselves at Work
Think about THIS before you touch any surface at work . . . especially in the bathroom.
According to a new survey, 39% of people admit that they’ve gotten-it-on with themselves at work at least once.
Most of them say they do it because they’re bored or they need to relieve stress, but a few people gave random reasons like “I’m just horny” and “It was to cure a massive hangover.”
Subscribe to Mix 1051's Blog!
Get the latest updates on music and celebrity news, contests and flyaways, and more straight to your inbox with our weekly emails.