A Guy Punched a Stranger Because He Looked Like Shia LaBeouf
Shia LaBeouf has a face that many, many people would love to punch. And that’s no excuse for what happened here. Mario Licato of Brooklyn, New York was getting off the subway in Manhattan on Saturday night, when a guy ran up to him and punched him in the left eye. Then he yelled, quote, “This is because you look exactly like Shia LaBeouf!” And it’s true: Mario DOES look like Shia LaBeouf. He says people have pointed out the resemblance many times. Quote, “I’ve been stopped on the street at least 10 times in my life.” The guy who punched him was in his mid 20s, around six feet tall and muscular. The cops are pulling some surveillance videos to try to track him down. Mario wound up not needing stitches, but he’s still got a massive black eye. And given how attention-hungry the real Shia is these days, with his pretentious art performances, we’re thinking it’s a matter of time before he reaches out to this guy for some weird project. Get more here.
— Eyewitness News (@ABC7NY) April 26, 2016
Keanu Reeves Agreed at the Last Minute to Voice the Cat in “Keanu”
Keegan-Michael Key and Jordan Peele wanted Keanu Reeves to make a cameo in their new comedy, “Keanu”. It’s about a kidnapped cat that’s named ‘Keanu.’ He wasn’t interested at first, but he changed his mind when he saw a trailer in February. By that point, the movie was almost finished, but they really wanted to squeeze him in, so they figured out a way for him to provide the cat’s voice. The director says, quote, “We had a scene where Jordan’s character is on a drug trip, and a cat kind of leads him through his hallucinations. We wanted to expand on that anyway, so we thought he could do the voiceover for the cat in that scene.” He said Keanu had a lot of fun with it in the end. The movie hits theaters this weekend. By the way, Jordan Peele is married. He and Chelsea Peretti announced their engagement in November, and now they say they eloped, quote, “a bit ago.” Get more here.
A photo posted by Chelsea Peretti (@chelsanity) on
The two have been doing hilarous booking.com ads since they announced their engagement:
Kelly Ripa Returned and Admitted She Was Upset
Kelly Ripa returned to “Live! With Kelly and Michael” yesterday, and instead of ignoring the circus surrounding Michael Strahan’s departure, she tackled it head-on. Here’s how it went down:
1. Kelly and Michael walked out hand-in-hand, which felt a little awkward.
2. Kelly started the show by standing in front of the crowd and giving a speech about the whole fiasco. They didn’t cut away from her, even when she addressed Michael, which was strange. And she didn’t really make any excuses.
She started off with a couple jokes . . . like saying, quote, “our long, national nightmare is over.” Then she admitted she needed some time to clear her head after she was told that Michael was leaving for “Good Morning America”.
She also said, quote, “It started a much greater conversation about communication and consideration, and most importantly respect in the workplace.”
3. She said that “apologies have been made.” She didn’t say who apologized, although it seems like she was most upset with the higher-ups. And she also said, quote, “Our parent company has assured me that ‘Live!’ is a priority.”
4. After the four-minute speech, Michael thanked Kelly, and complimented her. Neither of them looked particularly comfortable. And even though Kelly said she’s “thrilled” for him . . . it’s clear that the situation flared up too much for their feelings to be 100% genuine at this point.
5. The BEST part of the whole thing was when Michael told Kelly, quote, “I’m right down the street, [if] you need me I’m coming back!” And her reaction was priceless. It’s like she was thinking, ‘Wow, OK, well that isn’t going to happen.’
6. After the show, ABC announced that Michael’s last day would be May 13th . . . three MONTHS before he was originally supposed to leave. Apparently both Kelly and Michael were eager to move on . . . professionally and personally.
Officially, ABC said the earlier date would allow time to give Michael a proper goodbye, while also giving him time to prepare for his new gig. It’ll also let Kelly start the search for a new co-host right away. Get more here.
Adam Sandler Sang Touching Tribute to Gary Shandling
Adam Sandler is known for his wacky and childish songs, but he shocked everyone Sunday night. Adam was attending Gary Shandling’s memorial when he got onstage to perform. The event was supposedly, very funny, as Gary would have wanted. But there were some somber moments as well, we’re just surprised one came from Adam Sandler! He sang in front of other celebs, including Sarah Silverman, Conan O’Brien, Tim Allen, Billy Crystal, Ray Romano, Jon Favreau, Kevin Nealon, Vince Vaughn, Cheryl Hines, and Linda Doucett. Get more here.
You Can Now Get a Can of Colt 45 With Billy Dee Williams’ Face on It
Billy Dee Williams is pimping Colt 45, just like he did in the ’80s. And his duties will go beyond just repeating his old catchphrase, “It works every time.” They’re actually going to put his face on the can. TMZ talked to Billy about the criticism he got back in the day for supposedly pushing malt liquor on the African American community, and asked him if he’s worried about that now. He’s not. He said, quote, “I think it’s time to stop treating all these African American people like babies . . . Beer . . . is an indigenous American pastime . . . I don’t see anything wrong with drinking beer . . . And this is a good beer.” Get more here.
Billy Dee Williams — Saddles Up Again to Pimp Colt 45 (PHOTO) https://t.co/lpbqyO5yxQ
— TMZ (@TMZ) April 26, 2016
The Revolution Is Going to Do Some Shows to Celebrate Prince
Prince’s old band The Revolution is reuniting to do some tribute shows sometime later this year, but naturally, it’s too early for there to be any dates. Wendy Melvoin, Lisa Coleman, Brown Mark, Bobby Z., and Matt ‘Doctor’ Fink made the announcement in a short video on Facebook. Wendy said, quote, “We’ve decided after spending three or four days together now grieving over the loss of Prince that we’d like to come out and do some shows. We want to let you know that we’ll be [out] there soon.” Get more here.