Janelle Monáe Embarks on ‘The Age of Pleasure’ 2023 North American Tour: An In-depth Look
Janelle Monáe, the multi-talented singer, songwriter, and performer, has announced her highly anticipated North American tour for 2023. The tour, aptly named ‘The Age of Pleasure,’ is set to be an unforgettable experience, showcasing her latest album of the same name. The tour stops in Salt Lake City on September 6 at The Complex. The Mix is giving away free tickets. Learn more here. Tickets are for sale here.
The Age of Pleasure: A Sonic Journey
‘The Age of Pleasure,’ the latest offering from Janelle Monáe, is a masterstroke in musical storytelling. Released via Atlantic Records, the album is a sonic tapestry, weaving together the diverse sounds of the Black diaspora. Monáe’s rich vocals glide effortlessly over the intricate melodies, creating a harmonious blend of contemporary and traditional rhythms. Each track is a testament to Monáe’s artistic prowess, showcasing her ability to transcend genres and create music that resonates with listeners worldwide. ‘The Age of Pleasure’ is more than just an album; it’s a celebration of community, heritage, and the unifying power of music. 92.5 The Beat wrote a ranking of the album here.
Listen to one of the standout tracks:
Janelle Monáe Tour Dates: The ‘Age of Pleasure’ Journey”
The ‘Age of Pleasure’ tour is set to kick off on August 30 at the WAMU Theater in Seattle. The tour will span 26 dates, making stops in major cities across North America, including Atlanta, Chicago, Toronto, Boston, and New York City. The tour will culminate in a grand finale at the YouTube Theater in Inglewood, California, on October 18.
Babyyyyyy we are going on tour! You coming with us? 😌💋
— Wondaland (@wondaland) June 13, 2023
‘The Age of Pleasure Tour” dates:
- Wed Aug. 30 – Seattle, Wash. – WAMU Theater
- Thu Aug. 31 – Vancouver, BC – UBC – Doug Mitchell Thunderbird Sports Centre
- Sat Sep. 2 – Portland, Ore. – RV Inn Style Resorts Amphitheater
- Wed Sep. 6 –Salt Lake City, Utah – The Complex
- Thu Sep. 7 – Morrison, Colo. – Red Rocks Amphitheatre
- Sat Sep. 9 – Kansas City, Mo. – The Midland Theatre
- Mon Sep. 11 – Minneapolis, Minn. – Armory
- Wed Sep. 13 – St. Louis, Mo. – Stifel Theatre
- Thu Sep. 14 – Chicago, Ill. – Byline Bank Aragon Ballroom
- Sun Sep. 17 – Boston, Mass. – MGM Music Hall at Fenway
- Mon Sep. 18 – Philadelphia, Penn. – The Met
- Wed Sep. 20 – Montreal, QB – Mtelus
- Thu Sep. 21 – Toronto, ON – Massey Hall
- Sun Sep. 24 – Washington, D.C. – The Anthem*
- Tue Sep. 26 – New York City, N.Y. – Radio City Music Hall
- Thu Sep. 28 – Brooklyn, N.Y. – Kings Theatre
- Mon Oct. 2 – Charlotte, N.C. – Skyla Credit Union Amphitheatre
- Tue Oct. 3 – Nashville, Tenn. – Ryman Auditorium
- Wed Oct. 4 – Birmingham, Ala. – Avondale Brewing Company
- Fri Oct. 6 – Atlanta, Ga. – Fox Theatre Atlanta
- Mon Oct. 9 – Dallas, Texas – The Pavilion at Toyota Music Factory
- Tue Oct. 10 – Houston, Texas – Bayou Music Center
- Wed Oct. 11 – Austin, Texas – Moody Amphitheater
- Sun Oct. 15 – Phoenix, Ariz. – Arizona Financial Theatre
- Tue Oct. 17 – San Francisco, Calif. – Bill Graham Civic Auditorium
- Wed Oct. 18 – Inglewood, Calif. – YouTube Theater
A Musical Odyssey Awaits
Janelle Monáe’s ‘Age of Pleasure’ 2023 North American tour promises to celebrate music, community, and the diverse sounds of the Black diaspora. With her unique blend of musical influences and undeniable talent, Monáe is set to take her fans on a memorable musical odyssey. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to be a part of this extraordinary journey.
Want to understand why Janelle Monáe’s “The Age of Pleasure” is making waves? Explore the song rankings here.